Skip to main content

Homeschool & Home Management

Home management and house cleaning along with homeschooling full time in the mix is certainly not my strength... A google search will soon reveal many many fabulous ideas on how to perfect the art. So today I will not be sharing any miracle method or technique to be successful in perfecting these two things and keeping them in balance.

Keeping it real: Mount Washmore is my never ending nemesis. Mount Ironmore ... say no more. Dishes in the sink, lets just say I'm so grateful I have an electric maid (aka dishwasher) who washes the pile of dishes I create in feeding my family every single day. Since this is not my area of expertise I will leave it to my Crew mates to encourage and equip you.

I have learned that the key to making house cleaning more attainable is having an organized home / home school area and finding your rhythm and what works for you during your particular season of life. What works well for one person might not work for you so experiment and try new things until you come to a place of contentment.

Originakky posted on: http://everybedofroses.blogspot.com/2016/08/homeschool-home-management.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hackers Help: How to attach headboard to ESPEVÄR mattress base?

I’m trying to figure out if a headboard can be attached to an Espevar Mattress Base , and how to accomplish that. I’m looking at a standard metal headboard (because I just prefer the look of curved metal to what IKEA offers) and am not interested in a slat base with just a mattress on top, and a wall mounted headboard is not an option due to renting. Thanks for any help! ~ Amy *** Hi Amy I’ve not seen the ESPEVÄR in person but I believe it is possible to attach a headboard to it. From the website, the ESPEVÄR looks like a regular wooden slatted mattress base under a bed base slipover. As to how to attach it, that will depend on the fittings on the metal headboard. So you will just need to get the right hardware to secure the metal headboard to the wooden frame. And make some small openings on the slipcover to let the fixtures to go through. Jules Photo: IKEA.com Try these free-standing headboards for size A lime green and white headboard that takes centerstage in the r

Turning 2 SVARTA loft beds into one big double loft bed

One double loft bed coming up! I felt like I had too little living space. I wanted a loft bed, but still loved my ‘old’ 160 x 200cm IKEA mattress. There seemed to be no IKEA or even other affordable 160 x 200 double loft bed options. Then, my boyfriend suggested getting two second hand IKEA loft beds and making it into one. I set out to find whether someone did this hack. I found many people asking if it could be done, but to my surprise, nobody seems to have documented trying it. So I decided to be the one to just do it and share it for anyone that wants to do it too. IKEA items used: SVARTA loft bed x 2 (and in my case, my old IKEA wooden slatted bed bases at 200 x 80cm x 2 and my well loved IKEA 160 x 200cm mattress). Photo: IKEA.com Of course, you can buy everything new. You have the option to choose the 2 wooden slatted bed bases like I did with a 180 x 200cm mattress. Or stick with the metal bed base provided and use two 90 x 200cm mattresses. (Though you might hav

Should You Decorate for the Holidays If Your Home is on the Market?

‘Tis the season to be jolly, but should your home reflect the joy of the season if you’re also trying to sell it? If you love to decorate for the holidays, missing out on this once-a-year opportunity might sound like torture. On the other hand, you don’t want to miss the chance to sell your home because of your decorations. So, should you decorate for the holidays if your home is on the market? We’ve got some “nays,” “yeas,” and “other considerations.” No, Don’t Decorate An elaborately-decorated home in Houston. Image: Regina Gust Designs Our first two realtors are against decorating for the holidays if you’re trying to sell your home. According to Anita Springate-Renaud, licensed partner and broker at Engel & Völkers Toronto Central , your festive decor can distract buyers from looking at the home’s raw design. “Elaborate decorations can distract and shift a prospective buyer’s focus away from what they should be looking at when shopping for a property.” So what should they